Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Moonlight Run / August 7

Our Moonlight Run will be held on August 7th at Pointview Park on Lake Milton starting around dusk. Hot dogs and buns will be provided and you can bring something to share. We will build a fire and wait for the moon to come up , then head out on the lake for a paddle. Don't forget to bring some type of light for your boat. Glow sticks work well for this.
Directions can be gotten on our interactive map.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
EAR

I would like to thank Nora for putting on a nice event for us on Friday night.I think there were 18 people attending. She brought hot dogs, buns and toppings, coffee and drinks, a fire ring and wood and a lantern. She also brought hot dog sticks and enought glow lights for everybody. The TCTer's brought an assortment of other goodies like brownies, pumpkin roll, cookies, chips and dips, cheese plate. The only thing missing was the moon for our paddle across the lake. It was a little cloudy.
It was good to see Preston Foster out paddeling with Peppy in his "beater boat" ( which is much nicer than any of my boats). The combined age in that boat was around 150 , and yet they took off like it was 1970 something again! All we seen were glow lights heading across the lake.
The late night picnic and paddle didn't breakup until after 12:30.

Last edited by EAR; 09-01-2009 at 11:58 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
JPTolson

I'd like to add my thanks to Nora for leading the trip and for all her work to make the moonlight run so much fun, complete with a cozy campfire. It was a real hoot being being on the water and watching all the glow lights moving through the darkness, not to mention a little eerie when we scared and scattered what seemed like hundreds of birds in the marshes near Carson's Landing.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote