Old 01-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Dogsled

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Olentangy

My friend and I plan on a float from the head down to Delaware. I have the maps with putins and dams, I was just wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge or possibly vital info I can use. we're looking at a 3 day fishing trip.
Al
Dogsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
clipper1

Default Olentangy

The Olentangy looks pretty urban, most pic's online are from the greater Columbus area. I think I would have to take my bicycle to use as a shuttle vehicle as the riverside bike trail looks as much fun as the paddle. Never been there though.
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
JPTolson

Al,

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the stretch that you plan to float, but Canoeing and Kayaking Ohio's Streams by Combs and Gillen has a page and a half description. I tried to a attach a scanned pdf of that description for you here. It mostly talks about the river below Delaware, but I can't tell if it's attached. The description says that upstream of Delaware Lake "the riverbed is silted over for the most part." It also says that it "tends to run flat, and logjams can be a problem the farther north you go." But it also says that it's scenic and less densely populated than the lower Olentangy. Hope this helps.

jp
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
Dogsled

JP, I have that book and read about it. I'll scout it out myself, I was just wondering if anybody actually ever tried it and had actual experience.
I drive threw delaware alot and fish a few spots around there on occasion. I saw it on a DNR streams map and was curious.
Al
Dogsled is offline   Reply With Quote